Recruitment of Graduates to fill the Tamil medium Teacher Vacancies that are available in the Uva Provincial Council Government Service - 2012
Applications are invited from Graduates who have passed the General Certificate of Education (Ordinary Level) and the General Certificate of Education (Advanced Level) in Tamil medium and those who have obtained a Tamil / English medium Degree in the following subject stream from a University recognized by the University Grants Commission and who have below-mentioned educational qualifications and the skills to teach in Tamil and Graduates who are permanent residents of Kandy, Matale, Matara, Hambantota, Ratnapura, Ampara, Batticaloa, Trincomalee, Polonnaruwa and Nuwara-Eliya Districts, who have obtained a Tamil medium Degree in the following subject stream from a University recognized by the University Grants Commission and who have the below mentioned educational qualifications and the skills to teach in Tamil.
- Science and Maths
- Arts and Commerce
* Passed the G.C.E. (Ord. Lev.) Examination in 06 subjects including Language / Literature and Arithmetic / Mathematics with three (03) Credit passes, in not more than two sittings.
* Passed G.C.E. (Adv. Lev.) Examination in three subjects in one sitting.
* Have obtained a Degree as mentioned in the table above before 20.12.2012 from a recognized University.
* Valid Degree Certificate or the Degree results sheet certified by the Senate should be submitted at the interview.
* Graduates who have a Tamil or English medium Degree and the abovementioned educational qualifications and have the expertise to teach in the Tamil medium and are permanent residents of the Uva Province also can apply and the applicants who have the above qualifications and are permanent residents of the Uva Province will be given preference.
* Other applicants should have a Degree in Tamil medium and have the above educational qualifications and should have the eligibility to teach in Tamil medium.
02. General Qualifications for Recruitment
a) Applicant should be a citizen of Sri Lanka by Descent or by Registration
b) Should be of a good moral character and in excellent physical health condition
c) If the applicant is a resident of the Uva Province or a resident of the abovementioned Districts, the applicant should have been a permanent resident of the Uva Province or in the District for at least 03 years from the date of closing of applications.
d) Should prove the residency by a Grama Seva Niladhari Certificate certified by the Divisional Secretary, at the time of the interview.
e) Should not be below 18 years and not above 45 years at the date of closing of applications.
03. Conditions related to appointment (Applicable only to applicants who are not from the Uva Province).
a) It is mandatory to serve in the Uva Province and should serve in the appointed school for 06 years.
b) Requests for transfers and any other attachments will not be considered for any reason whatsoever.
c) Uva Provincial Education Ministry may transfer a candidate to any other school within the Uva Province based on service requirement after 6 years of Service
04. Method of Recruitment a) A written Examination will be conducted by the Uva Province Public Service Commission if there are more applications than the existing vacancies and the Teacher Vacancies will be filled based on the Examination results and the order of merits received.
b) If the applications received are less than the existing vacancies, a written Examination will not be held but the recruitments will be made based on examinining the qualifications at an interview.
c) At the interview only the qualifications will be examined and additionally should pass the practical test conducted by this Commission to evaluate the eligibility of the applicant to teach in Tamil medium.
05. Salary Scale (Monthly) As per the salary Code No. "TS2 2006A of the Public Administration Circular No. 6/2006(iv), the relevant salary scale is Rs. 14,135 - 9x180 -6x240 - 5x330 - 7x400 - 13x645 - 30,030/- and the appointee will be placed in the 8th step of the salary scale at Rs. 15,395/- monthly.
06. Method of Applying
a) A Specimen Application Form may either be downloaded from our Website www.psc.up.gov.lk or may be obtained by sending a self-addressed Rs. 5.00 stamped envelope to the Uva Provincial Public Service Commission or by calling over at the Uva Provincial Public Service Commission Office.
Self prepared applications on "A1" size paper on both sides, written clearly by own handwriting as per the instructions given below, should be sent by Registered Post addressed to
Uva Provincial Public Service Commission.
No. 14/4, Pilipothagama Road,
to receive before 4.00 p.m. on 20.12.2012.
b) Employees / Officers presently employed with the Provincial Public Service / Public Service / Semi-Government Service, should get the confirmation of the Head of the Department on No. 11, of the Specimen Application
Form. c) "Recruitment of Graduates for the Tamil medium Teacher Vacancies of the Uva Provincial Public Service - 2012" should be mentioned on the left hand top corner of the envelope containing the application.
Applications received late or incomplete will be rejected without any intimation.
d) Certifying the Signature
Attestation of the Singnature should be by a Principal of a Government School / Justice of the Peace / Commissioner of Oaths / Notary Public / Commissioned Officer of the Three Forces / Gazetted Officer in the Police Service or Staff Officer, Grade Officer in the permanent service of the Public or Provincial Public Service drawing an annual salary of or above Rs. 230,700/-.
07. Syllabus for the Examination
a) This Examination will be conducted in Tamil and English mediums and will be held only in the Badulla District
b) The open competitive test will be of two question papers as given below consisting of Multiple choice and short answers.
* Aptitude Test - Duration 01 hour, 100 Marks
To test candidates language ability, logical ability, and mathematical skills
* General Knowledge - Duration 01 hour, 100 Marks
Testing the knowledge on Economy, Politics, Education, Culture, Social, Sdentifical, Sports, National and Foreign Information, Current Affairs.
08. Examination and Administration Fee
a) Examination and Administration fee is Rs. 400.00. Receipt obtained upon crediting this amount to the Account No. 269-1-001-0-84404/9 of the Chief Secretary, Uva Province from any branch of People's Bank in the Island, should be affixed in the Application Form in the space as shown in the Specimen Form.
b) Please note that the Examination Fee will not be refunded for any reason whatsoever.
09. Uva Provincial Public Service Commission reserves the right to take the final decision regarding recruitment for filling the Tamil medium Teacher vacancies or not, filling part of the vacancies or any other decision. Further, the Uva Provincial Public Service Commission will explain / decide on any matter for which provision has not been made above.
R.M.T.B. Hathiyaldeniya Secretary,
Uva Provincial Public Service Commission Uva Provincial Public Service Commission No. 14/4, Pilipothagama Road, Pinarawa, Badulla.